The key attributes of a good Personal Carer are:
- Experience of Live in Care
- Professionalism at all times
- Patience and empathy.
- Being a good listener
Otus Live in Care - the best agency at providing introductions to those seeking live in care work
If you care about improving others’ lives, have a positive attitude, experience in live in care and most importantly a desire to help Clients remain living independently in their own home, we would like to hear from you.
All our carers are thoroughly vetted so that we can be confident about the introductions we make.
Every Personal Carer we introduce is interviewed personally by our Managing Director and DBS police checked. We check all references and ensure that all necessary training is current and valid. In addition each Personal Carer is required to hold current Personal Carer insurance.
Your main role and responsibilities
Below are some of the tasks you may be required to do, we will match your skills, knowledge and training to Clients' individual needs.
- Communication with Client's family or advocates
- Light housework
- Shopping and daily meal preparation
- Laundry, washing and ironing.
- Day to day administration required to run the home
- Escorting Clients for trips out
- Helping Clients get up in the morning, assisting with getting out of bed, washing and dressing.
- Helping them undress and help into bed in the evenings
- Prompting of medication.
- Client confidentiality
You will not be required to wear any sort of uniform but must always carry an ID badge during an engagement. It does not need to be visible but you must have it available should you be asked to present it.Click here to apply online